New format

Auntie Judy (unverified)

22 Jan, 2017 08:32 PM

I read Daily Kos on my phone everyday. The other day when I tried to open it I was informed that I would have to subscribe. OK, I subscribed.. Now the format has changed, and it is too small to read on my phone! If have to struggle to read it, it is useless to me. What's with this new format?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 27 Jan, 2017 10:58 PM

Thank you for subscribing. It does seem doubly unfair then for you to have trouble reading it, doesn't it?

I'm not able to tell what kind of phone you're on, but we did recently have a bug related to iOS10 (the newer iPhones and iPads) and text size. That was fixed a little while ago, but I suppose it's possible that your phone still has the old code loaded.

I would suggest that you try to get Daily Kos to reset, then. There are a number of ways to do that, starting with simply closing and reopening the page/browser. You might also try logging out and logging back in, and also clearing your cache/history for the site.

If these don't suffice, or if you have other questions, please feel free to return for more information. It would be helpful for you to tell us what kind of phone you have, so if there's a problem generally we can try to replicate it and track it down.

Thanks for asking, and thanks for your support of the site.

2. 2 Posted by Auntie Judy (un... on 23 May, 2017 07:32 PM

The issue seems to have resolved itself! Not sure how it happened.

Sent from my phone

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 25 May, 2017 12:29 AM

Good! let's hope it stays resolved. :) Thanks for the update.

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 25 May, 2017 12:29 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac