two pics show in every diary on the front page and the right side diary lists have disappeared

Msongs

13 Apr, 2017 06:01 PM

suddenly I come to dKos and all the front page diaries show two copies of each pic instead of one. and the list of diaries on the right side has vanished. I did not make any changes to my browser or computer settings. How can I get these issues to quit? Somebody in a thread told me to use ctrl F5 but that did nothing to help. thank you. No clue where your reply will appear so can it be emailed to me via my account email?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 13 Apr, 2017 10:01 PM

Hi there. Sorry that you're having difficulty like this.
    It's not a common sort of problem you're reporting, so we'll need to do a little troubleshooting.
    First, can you please confirm what OS and browser you're using?
    The advice you got to do a hard refresh was a decent place to start, because the general kind of problem you're reporting suggests something awry with the site load. Doing a hard refresh gives the page a second chance to do what it should have done the first time around.
    The next steps are also pretty basic: Clear your cache, especially for the site. Logout of the site, close your browser, and reboot your computer. Then reopen your browser and log back in. Sometimes doing all that will suffice.
    If it doesn't, then you'll need to look into your browser's behavior relative to the site. Daily Kos doesn't interact well with a wide range of extensions/add-ons, so that might be the culprit here, too. There are a couple of ways to tell.
    One is to try to load the site with a different browser to see what happens there. Another is to open your default browser in Safe mode, so that whatever extensions you have are deactivated. That should indicate whether you do have something problematic installed, and at that point if need be you can investigate one by one.
    Please try these and then let us know if you're still having difficulty. Thanks for asking.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac